John Stumbles

Default heat exchanger design calculations [repost]

[Apologies for reposting but I sent this one out yesterday and oddly,
although I can see it on Google, it hasn't shown up on my local news server
(text.news.ntlworld.com), so I'm wondering if the lack of followups is due
to others not having seen it either rather than (or perhaps as well as)
no-one finding it faintly interesting or being able to help :-)]

Anyone know where I can get figures for calculating (allright, guesstimating
:-) rates of heat transfer through pipes for a diy heat store heat
exchanger? I'm planning to hang say a 25m coil of 10mm table Y copper pipe
in a tank connected to the CH primary and wondering what rates I can expect
to get water out at given inlet and outlet (and tank) temperatures.

Obviously I can suck it & see but it'd be nice to have some sort of
theoretical figures to start with (and encourage me to actually have a go
with the idea :-).

tia

--
John Stumbles