Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower diverter problem -- Answers anyone??

On Feb 27, 1:03*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 09:30:08 -0800 (PST), tim birr

wrote:
I have a Moen shower set-up, which works fine, except lately the
diverter

Tim

* * Yea, that's a diverter. *They tend to do that after a while. *I
don't worry about it unitl it becomes a functional issue. It it gets
bad I replave the assembly.

* * * * I would worry about using any kind of solvent. *The silcone,
might work for a while, but I doubt if anything other than replacement
will work for long.

Can you force some vinegar into the area in question, it should help
dissolve any crud build-up.