Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HF Clamps on Sale

On Feb 27, 7:46 am, Phisherman wrote:

I don't like to cuss or fuss, so I won't buy these.

Now... come on... sometimes you do. And if you weren't looking to,
why post something like that instead of staying on topic? Did you
think we were waiting to see if you were actually going to buy them?
Didn't you just want to get your dig in about China?

Can we say "Made in China?"

I hope in your case of Sinophobia you will take your computer out and
smash it, since not doubt all or 98% of the parts were made offshore,
mostly in China, Taiwan, or Malaysia. Same with your cell phone and
television.

Unless you are a full time professional woodworker, your tools take
only a small part of your money, and are used proportionally very
little compared to the aforementioned devices. So why be upset about
tool origins? Shouldn't you extend your personal beliefs across all
of your possesions?

Using the country origin as the reason to own/not own tools, you will
probably want to rid yourself of your DeWalt tools, Porter Cable
tools, Milwaukee tools, Makita tools, Hitachi tools, Jet tools,
Powermatic tools, Grizzly tools and on an on. Start with the Chinese
first.

And unless you are a Geotard ®, you will remember that Taiwan is
actually, "Taiwan, Republic of China". So make sure you take your
Taiwanese stuff out and give it "what for" as well.

But please, while you are striking a blow for America, take out those
stinking German tools as well. They took manufacturing jobs away from
us as well, right? And they charge prices that exceed American built
prices of the same tools! Wow, how is that for an "in your face"
style of marketing?

And any argument you could make to use Fein, Festool, Metabo, some
Bosch tools, etc., could be used against you since theoretically they
could be manufactured here as well. It's all about jobs, right?
A person of high moral fiber wouldn't see and actual race, nation, or
group, just the fact that they "took" jobs.

Regardless, in keeping with principle, if they aren't made here,
they should be avoided, right?

I hope your personal integrity is as strong as it seems. I would hate
to see that you only have occasional integrity. That's called
hypocrisy.

We will have a sure sign of the strength of your beliefs because upon
reflection, I am sure we won't see any more posts as you will have
undoubtedly destroyed your computer, refused to use the internet that
runs on foreign made routers that uses foreign made computers to do
so.

If we see your posts again.... no doubt posted with all that Chinese
equipment crafted while looking at a Chinese screen to do it....

Well....

Robert