Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Kenefick Michael Kenefick is offline

Default HF Clamps on Sale

Just keep the receipt. If they were to break, take them back.

Mike in Ohio

Bill wrote:
Went to HF today in Indianapolis and saw 24" cast iron and steel clamps on
sale for $4.99 and the 6" ones for $2.99.
Looked like really good quality for the money. I think Lew mentioned them
to me the first time. I am only mentioning this because I did not see the
sale advertised in their fliers. I picked up 4 and 6 of them, respectively.
I hope that will be enough to get me started. Following someone else's
suggestion I looked them all over carefully, so I didn't bring home any that
were bent or ill-fitting.

I have felt drawn to C-clamp vise-grips lately (for the sake of fastening a
2 or 3 inch high board/fence to my band saw). Is this an appropriate use for
those clamps (the ones with the flat faces). Anyone experience major
quality issues concerning different makers of these? From what I've read, I
notice some open to 4" or so and I suppose those are the ones I would get.

Bill