Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pawn Shop Bargains ...

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:22:15 -0500, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

"Snag" wrote:

Porter Cable 18ga 5/8" - 1 3/8" pin nailer in like-new shape . List price
$70-$80 , plus shipping .

18ga is a brad nailer, not a pinner, Snag.

Pawn shop price 20 bucks . This is a sweet finish nailer , one of the newer
models with adjustable depth stop . Now all I need is a 16ga that'll handle
2 1/2" pins and I'll be set .
I stopped at the place to ask if I could hang a flyer , Greg (owner? not
sure) had this one hangin' on the wall . Been tradin' with these folks for
several years , I bought my lathe from them . Nice guys , and they always
take good care of my tool needs - if they got what I need .

What is a pin nailer? I have a Porter Cable brad nailer and my mom, who loves having her
two boys work on her house has a Bosch finishing and framing nailer. Well she owns them,
my brother seems to always have them at his house.

A pin nailer is a slim brad nailer, usually 23ga vs 15ga or 18ga for
brads.

--
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
--Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)