Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default Doorbell Update

Kate wrote:
Today my friend, figured out how to change my current battery operated
doorbell to a wired doorbell .

There were three sets of wires inside my guest coat closet, in the entry
way. One set goes to the back door, and one set goes to the front door.
The third set of wires is behind the fuse box in the garage. There is
no transformer there so I will be buying that tomorrow along with a
doorbell unit. We tested all of the wires and they are in working order.

It is supposed to be very easy to install, and I will be so happy about
this.

I am still wondering why the people who built my home, eleven years ago,
did not wire in a doorbell.

Thanks to all, and I will post again when the job gets done Sunday.

Kate

fyi, the transformer should come with the doorbell unit.