Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
JosephKK[_3_] JosephKK[_3_] is offline

Default Telemarketing. - Ring Detection

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:17:46 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:32:02 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:47:18 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

[snip]

On a similar note: Anyone familiar enough with modern telephone
circuitry to devise (or suggest) the following... re-wire phone so
that ringer is disconnected ONLY for the first ring?

Note that I said "ringer", I want the phone electronics, in particular
the CID sensing, to see the ring voltage, so that CID is displayed
BEFORE an audible "ring".

Knew it was a dumb question just as soon as I posted...

The telephone right here in front of me has a switch to turn off the
ringer :-)

So only a ring detect and relay AT the phone.

[snip]

Maybe NOT so simple. Open relay on first-ring-only, ignore further
ringing voltage... HOW?

...Jim Thompson

Actually you have it sideways. Block ringing voltage, get recognized CID
and close relay, all phones ring. You must pass through the CID as it
comes in or replicate it. Both options are straight forward.