Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default 120hz versus 240hz

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily"
"Phil Allison"
"William Sommer****** IDIOT "

First, the only televisions that use LEDs use OLEDs. There are none
using
conventional LEDs.

** Fraid " LED TVs " are on sale all over the world right now.

****WIT !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED-backlit_LCD_television

Your Wiki reference says it all. These are NOT LED televisions,

** But they are called " LED TVs " by their makers and so are

*KNOWN BY THAT NAME* to members of the public.

Fools like YOU and Sommer****** would complain that a bottle of "Steak
Sauce" contained no steak.

.... Phil

I guess we should refer to all LCD sets by their backlight type. That makes
the one on my wall a CCFL TV. And I guess all of those DLP, LCD, DiLA,
SXRD, and LCoS projection sets should be called mercury vapor or whatever
type of lamp they use. And the new projectors could be called LED
projectors as well, even if they are DLP devices.

The point is that referring to the set by the type of backlight it uses is
very misleading and is causing much confusion in the marketplace.

Leonard