Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default How to adjust honeywell round thermostat (mercury switch) to theright temperature

On Feb 23, 2:11*pm, harry wrote:
It's important that the thermostat
is correctly sited. *In Europe every room is independently controlled
in new buildings.- Hide quoted text -

That may be an exaggeration. I recently lived in Europe several
years.

The heating I encountered was all hot water radiator (or hydronic - it
is SO nice to step on a heated tile bathroom floor on a cold
morning).

Every radiator had its own thermostat, mounted on the radiator.
That's really not an ideal location. The furnace did have an outdoor
sensor with reset and a time schedule.

Energy was expensive so houses were very well insulated and very
tight.