PoP

Default looking for a career in plastering

On 21 Oct 2003 16:17:55 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

Doing plastering as a job has lots of other things you learn over
time. The teacher mentioned some examples. One I recall -- if you
are plastering and only the housewife is at home (sorry, terribly
sexist;-), ask to borrow the vacuum to clean up after yourself.
Most housewives will bring the vacuum in and then do it for you,
since they are pleased you want to leave it clean and tidy, and
they often don't like the thought of someone else using their
vacuum cleaner! You'll go away and get glowing recommendations
on how tidy you were, but actually you did nothing different
than just walking out and leaving the place dusty - the housewife
did it. However, you left a completely different impression as
a result of trying to do it...

I take a vacuum cleaner (Aquavac) with me for most jobs, and do my
best to leave things neat and tidy as that does leave a good
impression.

Besides, using a regular VC for some of the DIY materials can cause
the VC to choke. I'd rather be using a proper "DIY" VC to take most of
the nasty stuff away, leaving relatively little for the regular house
VC.

PoP