Posted to alt.home.repair
Jess Jess is offline

Default electrical outlet placement under window code question

every 12 feet, 6 foot cord, blah, blah....

I have a 19 foot wall that has has left to right:

1. 1' of wall
2. 3' feet of door
3. 1' of wall
4. 6' of window
5. 8' of wall

In a normal situation, one electrical outlet would be placed on the 8'
wall section and one outlet some place under the window on that wall.
What makes my situation a little different is that this 6' wide window
starts 6" above the floor and is 6' tall.

Question: Is it allowable (or required) to put an outlet in that 6
inch space between the floor and the bottom of the window (outlet
would start about 1" above the floor and end about 5" above the
floor), or can I just skip putting an outlet under the window?

Thanks, Jess
keyword = jessjoemama