Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 120hz versus 240hz

First, the only televisions that use LEDs use OLEDs. There are none using
conventional LEDs.

Second, there are no strict definitions of what these refresh rates mean. In
some cases, the set generates an interpolated image at that rate, in others,
a blank (black) raster is inserted. Some sets combine both.

I don't like this enhancement (which was one of the reasons I bought a
plasma set). It has a nasty side-effect -- it makes motion pictures look
like video. This might be fine for a TV show; it isn't when you're watching
movies. Be sure that whatever set you purchase has some way of defeating it
the enhancement.

You need to actually look at the sets you're considering with program
material you're familiar with.