Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sylvia Else Sylvia Else is offline

Default 120hz versus 240hz

On 26/02/2010 9:51 AM, Chris wrote:
I am considering the purchase of an LED television. However, before I
do, I would like to know what the difference is between 120 & 240hz;
other than the numbers. I've done some research, but there seems to be a
wide array of conflicting opinions. I know that it has to do with
refresh rate, jitter, and blur. So, if anyone has some straightforward
input on the matter, I'm all (grateful) ears.

Thanks

An alien with 240Hz eyes might appreciate[*] the higher frequency
version, but unless you're such an alien living on Earth incognito,
don't waste your money.

Sylvia.
[*] Ignoring the fact that colour displays are finely tuned to the way
that human colour vision works, and an alien would likely wonder what
we'd been smoking.