Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Getting a Unisaw home

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:23:35 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner
scrawled the following:

On 2/24/2010 6:32 PM, Phisherman wrote:
I use my (Tundra) truck for hauling wood. I baby it (change oil,
washings, regular maintenance) because it is the only vehicle I own. I
guess I treat it like a car. When I bought it new the spray-on liner
was $1100 (ouch), so I got the traditional liner and I'm happy with
it. My driveway is sloped concrete, the tailgate almopst touches the
driveway, so I can almost use it like a loading dock for big items.

I have a Tundra too and I love it; I baby it as far as maintenance goes because
I want it to last, but it's still a truck. God made trucks to haul stuff, and
that's exactly how I use it.

Something that cracks me up (or ****es me off, depending on my level of
patience that day) about people with their "precious" pickups is when I get
behind one in a parking lot going over those silly speed bumps. Some of these
guys _crawl_ over them like they're a land mine or something. Come on, BE A
MAN! It's a TRUCK for crying out loud -- that stupid little speed bump is NOT
going to hurt it!

Yeah, that burns me up, too. I drive up over curbs and speed over
bumps as if they weren't there, and, to a truck, they aren't! When I
take people over speed bumps fast, I see them grab for something to
hold onto but then they exclaim "Wow, I thought we'd hit our heads
when you went over it that fast, but I hardly even felt it." sigh

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong