Ed Sirett

Default Cat Litter, gas fires and hobs

Meoww wrote:

Two questions for the panel:

1. If I can burn my six burner gas hob all day without a flue and
without anyone suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, why do I need
a sophisticated flue system for a gas fire.

2. Is there something in Cat Litter which entices our Moggy to use it
and if so, what is it and is it replicated in plaster or general
building dust? - no prizes for wondering why I'm asking this one

cheers

How long would you put up with the six burners on without opening the
_mandatory_ door or window in the kitchen? Flueless gas fires are
available but they have enourmous passive ventialtion an room volume
requirments.

Very often I find that a gas fire has needed all its over capacity in
flueing o prevent a serious situation arising. The 12 litre catchment
space is frequently filled right up when I do a Landlords' check for the
first time.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk