Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default nitrogen gas in cans

On Feb 24, 11:06*am, George wrote:
On 2/24/2010 10:01 AM, wrote:

On Feb 24, 9:08 am, *wrote:
On Feb 24, 7:23 am, *wrote:

On 2/24/2010 7:38 AM, ransley wrote:

On Feb 23, 10:03 pm, * *wrote:
I wonder why some company doesn't begin to sell compressed
nitrogen gas in spray cans, complete with a tube as found on many
lubricant cans. *For foods, a blast of Nitrogen into a zip lock
baggie would help keep food from oxidizing, while a blast into a
paint can before resealing might lengthen the storage life of the
paint.

Am I wrong in my assumptions that it would do this?

--
Nonny

Luxury cars now offer a great seating option for politicians.
These seats blow heated air onto their backside in the winter and
cooled air in the summer. *If sold to voters, though, the car
seats
are modified to just blow smoke up the voter's rump year-round

Air is about 78% nitrogen, the issue is removing the oxygen so you
need to pull a vacume first. They charge alot extra to inflate tires
wirh nitrogen, but how do they remove the oxygen, I dont think they do
at all.

I guess it depends where you buy tires. The local evil mom& *pop place
doesn't charge a lot more or even more for that matter. They have a unit
similar to this in the garage:

http://www.ntxtools.com/network-tool...tml-Hidequoted text -

By design a tire cant be fully deflated of air, air is 78% nitrogen,
so what is the true percentage of nitrogen in tires filed with
nitrogen, it will still contain alot of oxygen. But I guess if it
works its worth it.- Hide quoted text -

And I'd say it's just another scam to get more money out of unwitting
consumers. * Nitrogen would seem to have no compelling advantage.
Supposedly it means tires are less susceptable to pressure change with
ambient temp change, nitrogen will leak out slower, etc. * If you have
enough sense to check your tire pressure regularly, none of that
matters. * And if you don't, then I'd say nitrogen is a poor
substitute.

Works for me. One of our vehicles has always had issues with slow tire
leaks. The wheels are clean with no rust and aren't bent. I had four new
tires tires installed at the local evil mom & pop tire place last year
and they used nitrogen this time (at no additional charge) and now the
slow leaks are gone.

Dont guess it could be because of the new tires, valve stems and
cleaning the rims?

Jimmie