Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts chaniarts is offline

Default Getting a Unisaw home

J. Clarke wrote:
On 2/24/2010 11:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/24/10 10:23 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
Something that cracks me up (or ****es me off, depending on my
level of patience that day) about people with their "precious"
pickups is when I get behind one in a parking lot going over those
silly speed bumps. Some of these guys _crawl_ over them like
they're a land mine or something. Come on, BE A MAN! It's a TRUCK
for crying out loud -- that stupid little speed bump is NOT going
to hurt it!

That drives me nuts.
I will pass those douchebags, on the speed bumps, in my minivan!

Yeah--that's one of mine too. But I sometimes when I'm considering
whether to do something or not (like make a u-turn across the median
when stuck in a traffic jam) have to remind myself "It's a JEEP
dammit, and that's what it's _for_.

On the other hand I remember a ride with Budget's worst
nightmare--this guy drove a Budget Lincoln like it was a dirt bike. He was
much more careful with his own Porsche.

rental cars can do anything, a computer salesman once said to me on the way
to a customer call, as he was going down the train track right of way.