Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Bloom Energy on 60 Minutes

Robert Neville wrote:

wrote:

Do you have these mental problems every time someone comes out with a
new car model? Claim it's all hype, and BS, despite the fact that
there are millions of cars already on the road?

No. But I do have an engineering degree and have been a practicing aerospace
engineer for over 20 years. I'm also reasonably well educated and capable of
discerning thought. There are basic thermodynamic laws involved here and my BS
detector starts flashing bright red when a company looking for investors to bail
out the venture capitalists conveniently glosses over what I know to be serious
engineering problems that companies like GE and Siemens have failed to overcome,
despite investments of billions of dollars.

Doesn't sound like the venture capitalists are looking for relief;
"According to Green Chip Stocks, John Doerr – the billionaire venture
capitalist that is currently backing Bloom Energy’s invention – says
there aren’t any plans in the immediate future for an IPO. They
report:

Doerr said it’ll be nine years before they think about an IPO, even
though it has “substantial revenues and orders.” According to Doerr,
there is simply more “capital required to grow a great green company.”
"

The icing of the cake for me is when the lead VC for Bloom happens to be the
company that hyped "it" as being the invention of the century and wouldn't
release any details for months. You remember "it" don't you? Or maybe I should
use its official name - the Segway.

Yeah-- the loser. He even thought Netscape, Google and Amazon could
amount to something. He's even snowed Forbes Magazine into putting
him on their Midas List. They probably just watch too much network
TV.

Healthy skepticism is good. But you're way over the top on
negativity here. Is it just because of 60 Minutes?

Jim