Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Getting a Unisaw home

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:52:33 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner
scrawled the following:

On 02/24/2010 01:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
2 Caveats:

1) If you have one of those "lovely" sprayed in bedliners, it won't
work as-is. You'll have to get the $lip-$heet they sell.

I guess that would apply to me...

Ugh! (I'm not a fan.)

2) If you have no liner, a second load of gravel will scratch the ****
out of your paint. DAMHIKT.

A second load? Do you mean that laying the roll-out tarp back over
residual gravel from the
first load will cause scratching while unloading the second?

Yes.

I presume that a good sweeping
or clean-out of the bed would alleviate this, or am I missing something?

You have to thoroughly clean both the bed and the roll. The wire mesh
in the material for the roll gets the minus (stone chips/dust from
1/4- gravel) embedded. Compost is much less scratchy. But a drop-in
liner will fix it up for me, precluding that from ever happening
again. I'll sand and seal the bed bottom first, though.

Such a shame everyone in this thread is so far away from me. I have an
extra liner (Duraliner) for a Chevy truck sitting around that I'd be happy
to just give away to someone who needed one. I just couldn't bring myself
to simply cut it up and throw it away.

--

-Mike-