Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Nam Vet Epic Beard Man vs. Tyronne: AC Transit Bus Fight

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:23:02 +0000, the infamous Mark Rand
scrawled the following:

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:59:48 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I haven't yet seen the videos, but let me get this straight: In your
"civilized" world, the guy who does the _talking_ is the agressor (who
goes to jail) and the guy who actually throws the _punches_ is the
poor victim (who goes scott free)? Do you honestly consider that fair
community policy? Words are illegal but fighting is not?

Watch the videos and make your mind up on who is the guilty party in the
incident. IMO the guy who actually provoked the incident and then threw the
_punches_ is the aggressor, who now seems to be being feted for his actions.

We didn't hear what was said before the camera went on, but it
appeared that Tyrone had some attitude. Tommy may be a loud mouthed
jerk, but that walk up the aisle (after Tommy retreated) and the punch
which started the actual fist fight was all on Tyrone. Yes, I heard
the "I'll slap the **** out of him if he comes up here." and that's
exactly what happened when Tyrone tried to be a bigshot. Tyrone walked
up the aisle of the bus and physically hit Tommy. That makes Tyrone
the aggressor, no matter what was -said- earlier or later.

Most words aren't illegal, but punching is, in both our countries, I
believe, Mark. If you want to toss in "inciting to riot", which is
illegal here, charge the black lady who was urging Tyrone to fight.
There may have been others doing that, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ7Yx4aw5l0 There appears to have been
more later according to the interview with Tommy. Evidently, Tyrone
misheard Tommy regarding his mother's funeral and the shoe shine.
According to the interview, Tyrone is the one in jail (probably after
the cops saw the film.)

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong