Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Injection molding forum?

In article ,
steamer wrote:

--Did quite a bit of searching for pelletized Nylon and finally
settled on a supplier. But there's a minimum purchase quantity of 55 pounds
so I'm going to wind up with a wee bit more than I need! Anyone want some??

I have too many projects and not enough time, but I've always thought
about using some of the "easier" recyclable thermoplastics - though I
don't really know what I'd be getting into there. Figure some sort of
process like shred, blow dry hot nitrogen through to dry and eventually
melt (guessing that oxygen may be an issue with some plastics at high
temperatures), perhaps an intermediate extrude a rod to make pellets
step, perhaps directly to molding. Figure on making some really hefty
plastic objects (no point in conserving feedstock if, as last I recall,
recycling centers are not able to give most of the stuff away).

Of course, then I want the spiffy selective membrane tubes to make the
nitrogen, and all anybody wants to sell is the entire packaged nitrogen
system.