Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Getting a Unisaw home

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:14:52 -0600, Steve Turner
wrote:

On 02/24/2010 02:25 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/24/10 1:52 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
I had one of those a LOVED it.
It's certainly a lot less work then shoveling.

I unloaded, easily, over 100 tons with the thing and it was still
going.
I miss it.... and my truck.

What the... how come I've never seen one of those before? Sheeit, I'm
sold!

2 Caveats:

1) If you have one of those "lovely" sprayed in bedliners, it won't
work as-is. You'll have to get the $lip-$heet they sell.

I guess that would apply to me...

2) If you have no liner, a second load of gravel will scratch the ****
out of your paint. DAMHIKT.

A second load? Do you mean that laying the roll-out tarp back over
residual gravel from the first load will cause scratching while
unloading the second? I presume that a good sweeping or clean-out of the
bed would alleviate this, or am I missing something?

Oh please. You guys have trucks, use them as trucks.
Don't tell me you guys are like these soccer mom/dads I see around here
in their Caddilac "pick-up" trucks that are glorified minvans.

Ooh, oohh, don't scratch my truck. God forbid it might look like I
actually use it like a *truck.* :-p

LOL! I'm with you; I definitely don't baby my truck, but I do enjoy having the spray-in
bedliner because it keeps things from sliding around. I was just kinda confused by Larry's
statement in question 2, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered asking.

I use my (Tundra) truck for hauling wood. I baby it (change oil,
washings, regular maintenance) because it is the only vehicle I own. I
guess I treat it like a car. When I bought it new the spray-on liner
was $1100 (ouch), so I got the traditional liner and I'm happy with
it. My driveway is sloped concrete, the tailgate almopst touches the
driveway, so I can almost use it like a loading dock for big items.