Posted to rec.woodworking
Denis G. Denis G. is offline

Default Micro Kerf 40 saw blade

On Feb 24, 2:26*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Denis G." wrote in message

I heard about this saw blade on my local (Wisconsin) public radio
program and looked it up on line. *Here's a demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DIlSsF4Qkg
They're getting ready to sell it through Amazon. *It's pretty pricey
at $176 per blade, but also it seems to be an amazing saw blade.

Thin blades are OK for cutting veneer and cuts that you are not concerned
about. *Thin kerf blades flex and with flex you *get poorer cuts more often
than with a regular kerf bald.. *I have been down that route and will stay
with the regular kerf blades.

As far as saving wood,,, unless you are cutting a lot of thin strips or
veneer you are not going to benefit. *When was the last time you wished you
had a board that was 3/64" wider? *;~)

Also, *the guy talking in the video noticed and pointed out tooth marks on
the wood he just cut.... *that is a problem with thin kerf blades because
the flex and deflect that you don't see as often with regular kerf blades..

Wow, we must have seen different videos! The guy I saw actually liked
the cut from the blade he was using.