Posted to rec.woodworking
Derek Lyons Derek Lyons is offline

Default wood permanently under water

RonB wrote:

On Feb 24, 9:03*am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , "john hamilton" wrote:
I want to make a tray to contain a thin layer gravel that will lift out of
an acquarium.

I agree with Doug. plastic such as plexiglass or polycarbonate.
Readily available and will last forever. If you used thicker sheet
(1/4") you could even cut strips to glue around the edge to help
contain the gravel. Just make sure your glue is compatible with the
plastic and most plastic glues will handle the two materials mentioned
above.

The glue needs to not only be compatible with the plastic, but
compatible with the fishes as well. I'd google around for places that
cater to folks who roll their own aquariums.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/