Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts chaniarts is offline

Default Micro Kerf 40 saw blade

Leon wrote:
"Denis G." wrote in message
I heard about this saw blade on my local (Wisconsin) public radio
program and looked it up on line. Here's a demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DIlSsF4Qkg
They're getting ready to sell it through Amazon. It's pretty pricey
at $176 per blade, but also it seems to be an amazing saw blade.

Thin blades are OK for cutting veneer and cuts that you are not
concerned about. Thin kerf blades flex and with flex you get poorer
cuts more often than with a regular kerf bald.. I have been down
that route and will stay with the regular kerf blades.

As far as saving wood,,, unless you are cutting a lot of thin strips
or veneer you are not going to benefit. When was the last time you
wished you had a board that was 3/64" wider? ;~)

last week. no matter how much i cut off, it was still too short.