Posted to rec.woodworking
Denis G. Denis G. is offline

Default Micro Kerf 40 saw blade

On Feb 24, 1:47*pm, Nova wrote:
Denis G. wrote:
I heard about this saw blade on my local (Wisconsin) public radio
program and looked it up on line. *Here's a demo:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DIlSsF4Qkg
They're getting ready to sell it through Amazon. *It's pretty pricey
at $176 per blade, but also it seems to be an amazing saw blade.

I've got a Forrest thin kerf blade. *I found that depending on the
grain/figure of the wood the blade would sometime deflect slightly. *I
ended up also buying a Forrest full kerf blade. *I can only imagine what
a 1/16" kerfed blade might do.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

My guess is that it would deflect too if you pushed it wrong. I
talked to someone at the company (just because I was curious) -- the
blade is made of a high speed steel (recycled material - "green"
advertising) with carbide tips.