Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Getting a Unisaw home

On 02/24/2010 01:01 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 06:54:42 -0600, the infamous Steve Turner
scrawled the following:

On 02/23/2010 11:00 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Cool. I like my LoadHandler, too, though it's a lot more work.
www.loadhandler.com

I had one of those a LOVED it.
It's certainly a lot less work then shoveling.

I unloaded, easily, over 100 tons with the thing and it was still going.
I miss it.... and my truck.

What the... how come I've never seen one of those before? Sheeit, I'm sold!

2 Caveats:

1) If you have one of those "lovely" sprayed in bedliners, it won't
work as-is. You'll have to get the $lip-$heet they sell.

I guess that would apply to me...

2) If you have no liner, a second load of gravel will scratch the ****
out of your paint. DAMHIKT.

A second load? Do you mean that laying the roll-out tarp back over residual gravel from the
first load will cause scratching while unloading the second? I presume that a good sweeping
or clean-out of the bed would alleviate this, or am I missing something?

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/