Posted to alt.home.repair
Rose[_5_] Rose[_5_] is offline

Default Soft Drywall

On Feb 23, 7:44*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Peter H wrote:
I hope someone from this excellent group can answer this question.

We recently purchased a 22 year old home in the greater toronto area.
I've been doing the usual installation of towel racks, knick knacks
etc. and some drywall repairs. I've noticed that the drywall on the
main and second floors seems softer than usual. It crumbles quite
easily and doesn't have that tough resiliance that I'm used to.

Was there a problem with the drywall during that era, or perhaps did
it get wet when they installed it?

All replies will be apreciated.

Peter H

Hmmm,
Think moisture.
I am glad I left Toronto in 1970 out to West.
Calgary is my home since.

Anyone that leaves Toronto is glad.