Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Telemarketing.

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:47:18 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

[snip]

On a similar note: Anyone familiar enough with modern telephone
circuitry to devise (or suggest) the following... re-wire phone so
that ringer is disconnected ONLY for the first ring?

Note that I said "ringer", I want the phone electronics, in particular
the CID sensing, to see the ring voltage, so that CID is displayed
BEFORE an audible "ring".

Knew it was a dumb question just as soon as I posted...

The telephone right here in front of me has a switch to turn off the
ringer :-)

So only a ring detect and relay AT the phone.

At telephone service entry, detect "800", etc, during this interval,
block further ringing voltage.

Connect the ringers to a spare wire, and let your interface turn on
all the ringers by connecting them to the proper side of the phone line.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.