Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Which router?

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
I'm going to purchase a router, guide, table, and a set of bits
as a gift. Which router do you recommend without getting into a
pro model?

Steve

Anything from Bosch, Milwaukee, Porter Cable, Triton will do.
Get recommendations from www.patwarner.com Pat is probably the
best in the world for router stuff.

As for tables, Benchdog is good. For bits, Infinity, Whiteside,
and a bunch of others.

I'd add that for a larger router, I'd pay the extra tab and get
soft start and also look for one with a decent trigger switch.
For the smaller ones, there's not that much starting torque, but
the bigger dudes can move things around a bit if you're not
expecting it and have a firm grip.

--
Nonny

Luxury cars now offer a Republican seating option. These are
seats which blow heated air onto your backside in the winter
and cooled air in the summer. If they were democrat car seats,
they would just blow smoke up your rump year-round.