Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Some serious DIY modelling!

Dave wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

I don't know the F 117, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the
wiki article, but experience tends to make me think that it is as
inaccurate as the one about the Tornado F3.

But you are commenting about the F117, specifically you are telling me
I am wrong when I stated that its shape makes it unstable. I have made
no comments about the stability or otherwise of any other aircraft but
I know the F117 is unstable because of its shape.

You have thread drift enabled, I never said that.

I spent 26 years working around aircraft such as Canberra,
Lightening, Jaguar, Victor, Tornado prototypes, Tornado pre series,
Tornado production that came into development area, Tornado ADV F1's,
Tornado F2's Tornado F3's and I forget the number of the one that
carried the 3 infra-red cameras.

As far as Tornado goes, I know it from the tip of the main pitot
probe, to the rear tip of the fin. And even further aft, if it is
fitted with an anti spin chute.

Do they fit the chute to Tornados in service then?

No the Tornado pulls itself out of a spin by using it's tailerons. The
chute was there as a last gasp get you home.

Apart for a backup system for that.

Dave