Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Telemarketing.

"hamilton" wrote in message
ian field wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:32:20 -0500, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:11:57 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7YEbpjCeqg

I have both Tom Mabe's CD's. You should NOT listen on a full stomach,
you'll laugh so hard you'll throw up ;-)

...Jim Thompson
You know, whenever I try that, they always hang up before it gets
nearly that far. Has Tom Mabe ever done the foreign servant answering?
That's one of my favorite ones, and with caller ID, you can almost
always tell when you can do it before you even answer. :-)))))))

Bill

I can't pull that sort of thing off, I'd get the giggles myself ;-)

On a similar note: Anyone familiar enough with modern telephone
circuitry to devise (or suggest) the following... re-wire phone so
that ringer is disconnected ONLY for the first ring?

Note that I said "ringer", I want the phone electronics, in particular
the CID sensing, to see the ring voltage, so that CID is displayed
BEFORE an audible "ring".

Anyone feel like knocking together a schematic for a caller ID unit that
switches the call to a different answering machine if no CID is
detected - preferably the OGM on the 2nd answering machine will be
suitably offensive?

Must work on UK phones.

Do you need two answering machines ?

Years ago when I purchased my first 9600 baud modem, the modem also had
voice/CID capability.

The software that came with the modem had an answering feature based on
the incoming CID.

The only modems I have need to be connected to a PC to work - and I don't
fancy the electricity bill for leaving a 200W PSU running 24/7!

Also the modems I have were all S/hand and don't have the full featured
utils disks with them - only the bare minimum drivers I found online.

What's needed is a simple automated switch box, if CID is detected it routes
the call to my regular answerphone with a polite OGM, if no CID is detected
then it routes the call to a second answephone with an offensive OGM.

Preferably based on an Arizona microchip PIC as I have a programmer for that
family.