Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default sprayer exploded

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Andrew Ross" wrote in message
I had mildew on the side of a concrete block house and decided to do
a little cleaning. Grabbed up my trusty plastic-body 1 gallon
sprayer and filled it full of a bleach solution. I had about 6 or
so strokes on the pressure pump handle when there was a "pop" noise
and the plastic body split. Bleach solution was thrown on my
clothes and a few drops on my face.

So ..... from then on, I put my new sprayer in a plastic garbage bag
before
pressurizing. Considering the types of fluids being sprayed, I
figure I sure don't want to take any more chances.

Just a heads-up .... be careful out there folks ......

Good point, it can happen. Keep that plastic sprayer out of the sun
too. UV light can make plastic brittle over a few years.

As perhaps, can chlorine bleach.