Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar John Husvar is offline

Default OT donate to sen. bennett and sen. gillibrand

Coupla points: (attributions NOT strictly maintained)

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message

This isn't about peoples' retirement funds, Wes. It's life and death. In a
civilized society, you don't treat it like a business, and you don't ignore
people who are dying, whether it's their own fault or not. That's for
savages.

Some "savages" did/do better. There's archaeological evidence the
Neanderthals took care of injured and ill group members. Some of the
skeletons showed what would have been disabling conditions, rendering
the individuals practically "useless" to the group.

Somehow I always thought we moderns could do at "least" as well as the
Neanderthals.

Health care went down hill when it went from being a calling (religious
sense) to being a
business.

Agreed. Medicine was a vocation, a highly honored profession that
required great sacrifice for the benefit of others, long before it
became the Health Care Industry

Some things just don't fit the business model. We used to know that, but we
forgot.

Yep.

Something's got to keep the doors open, the lights on, the staff paid,
etc. etc. at the hospitals and doctors' offices, of course, but there
also should be some balance between the money and the medicine.