Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Damp problems with fitted wardrobe

Bear wrote on 23/02/2010 :
I've been told that I
need these left open for air flow - although am I right in thinking
that the air flow must be warm, not cold?

It the days when houses lacked central heating and had open fires, yes
they were needed. Now with central heating and proper controlled
ventilation, cooker hoods etc. they are not needed so much. We had four
in one wall (four rooms) and a fifth in another wall. All were blocked
up about 25 years ago during a major refurb.

Why would someone have been
so stupid as to vent cold air directly into the wardrobe?

Who would be so stupid as to build a wardrobe over the vents?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)