Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default digital caliper fault

"Jordan" wrote in message
My cheap electronic calipers have started playing up. If I move it too
quickly, it reads wrong. If moved slowly it seems OK, but that's not very
reassuring. Are these things total junk to be avoided, or just I got a
bad'un? New battery didn't help.

What temperature are you keeping them at? I found that if they are stored in
a cold garage they will start playing up. A blow with a hair dryer restores
them in 30 seconds. I also keep a pair warm just in case.

There is a thread about it on this group somewhere.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC