PoP

Default Core drills

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:10:17 +0100, "David Hearn"
wrote:

I guess a core drill would be the way to go (as opposed to drilling,
chipping out bits of brick manually). I've a basic 500w mains drill which I
think may not be enough for this sort of thing (or am I wrong). Also, the
cost of the core drills are quite expensive. So - I thought about hiring
one. Quick look on HSS's website says £38 + VAT for a day's hire (or £47.50
+ VAT for a weekend). This seems quite expensive for what should
(hopefully) be less than 30 minutes use.

I must be pricing myself wrong somewhere. I charge less than that to
come out, supply drill and core drill, and drill the hole for
customers. And I feel I make a decent profit out of doing the job to
make it worthwhile.

For not a lot more I will finish the job properly with the extractor
accessories (materials costs added on top).

And before someone leaps up and down shouting "oi! no advertising on
this newsgroup!", I'm not advertising. I'm just putting this into
context that sometimes hiring tools can be more expensive than
shopping around to get someone who has the tools to come and do the
job.

PoP