Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber[_3_] Pat Barber[_3_] is offline

Default Getting a Unisaw home

wrote:
I'm looking at a Unisaw on CL. I have a Dodge Ram pickup that can
handle the load but I have no idea how I’d get the thing into the bed
of the truck (just me & wife). The saw is not nearby and a bit of a
drive. I don’t have access to a small trailer, although I guess I
could rent a U-Haul? Recommendations?

A typical Unisaw weighs in at 380 lbs, which can be handled fairly
easy with hand carts. A furniture mover is also handy if you got
one.

I assume you got a pair of decent ramps ???

(1) Remove any side tables.
(2) Being Very careful, tilt the saw over on it's side
and stand it up top down. Do NOT crush hand wheels
doing this step.
(3) Hand cart the saw up the ramps and place saw in truck
bed upside down.

(4) Tie down saw, and drive slowly home.

(5) Do the reverse when you get home.

Did I mention being careful ???