Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT donate to sen. bennett and sen. gillibrand

On 2/21/2010 10:19 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

If people knew how half the things in government work, they'd stop voting
for pretty-boy populist buttheads who spend their time on talk radio and
TV
pundit shows, and start voting for real representatives.

I had the TV on this morning and saw the same old politicians at the tea
party meeting saying the same old things about reform... I thought the
"contract with America" was going to change everything for the good. A
bunch of politicians, and politicians has become a dirty word. You never
hear anyone called a Statesman any more.

John

It's grisly. Evan Bayh has said some things that are really ruffling
feathers. I wish it would start a real conversation and some real change,
but my fear is that we'll just blow by it and go back to business as usual.

I can't help but chuckle when I hear all the bitching and whining about
the rotten politicians. It's funny because they same guys bitching about
no turnover in Washington all vote for the same guy on election day they
always vote for. The south is particularly bad about this. They never
send anyone new to Washington but most of the people complaining the
loudest are from the south. In the last decade the percentage of
incumbents reelected was 98%. It's almost a guaranteed lifetime job once
you get elected. If you don't die, retire, or go to jail, everybody gets
to keep their job forever. So as usual it's the stupid "folks" who are
to blame for not sending anyone new to congress. That and they way the
politicians all got together and put in a system of redistricting that
virtually guarantees everyone a safe seat. Between voters who vote for
the same people time after time and crooked politicians who put in a
system that guarantees them reelection it's no wonder it's always
business as usual in Washington.

Hawke