Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Damp problems with fitted wardrobe

In article , Peter Parry
writes
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:04:05 -0800 (PST), Bear
wrote:

Help please....! I've tried lightening the load in the
wardrobe but this has made some, although little difference. The
problem still exists.

Line the wardrobe with polystyrene ceiling tiles. Put ventilation in
the doors so the wardrobes are at room temperature. If the external
vents you mention vent into the wardrobe that will be a major factor
in causing the damp and they should be blocked. If needed for other
reasons (such as open gas fires) reinstate them somewhere else.

I used the foil lined polystyrene sheets designed to go behind radiators
- that seems to have worked well.

--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail