Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default How to cut back installed laminate floor

wrote in :

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:02:27 -0500,
wrote:

I need to cut an installed laminate floor back about 1.5" from a wall.
I am wondering what would be the best tool for this. I tried a
dremel ez-lock cutoff wheel and it will work but it is very slow and
burns the end of the laminate. They make other types of cutting &
shaping wheels and I know there are vibrating tools that can be used
to cut but I do not know how any of them would work in this
application.

Thanks for any help.

The job would be trivial with this tool:

I'd give it a shot with it. I just wonder how well the HF blade will hold
up. Some of the laminate surfaces are very hard on blades. For instance,
one floor I installed had aluminum oxide in it's surface for surface
longevity. Had a plain steel chop saw laying around. Made about 10 cuts
then started blue smoking. Switched to a carbide blade and finished the
floor.