Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default what is viable shelf life for latex paint ?

On Feb 22, 12:52*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 2/22/2010 5:29 AM ransley spake thus:

On Feb 20, 2:19 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 2/20/2010 5:09 AM ransley spake thus:

On Feb 19, 5:35 pm, "robb" wrote:

the paint specs if it makes a difference * *is ...

Behr latex semi-gloss
Behr latex satin
Behr latex bright white gloss trim paint
ace flat ceiling paint

1, 2 * ... *5 * ... 7 *? *years *:}

The trick would be to put the paint in smaller new containers, but
none of it will fully match even a year later, paint ages on walls and
trim, dark colors lighten, some whites yellow and dust and cooking
take a toll.

Bull****.

I've used paint over 15 years old, stored very sloppily in a basement,
to touch up a wall in a friend's living room. The spots I touched up are
impossible to see.

Like others and I have said, it all depends.

Bull****? you must be blind and dumb, paint on walls ages, no paint
can match after 15 years, unless your a complete hack without any
sence of color

Well, if I'm blind and dumb, then I guess my friends (the homeowners),
their relatives and all their friends are as well. Everyone who's looked
at that living room has not been able to see the places where it was
touched up *at all*.

But then I guess you know better than the rest of us.

- a Usenet "apology"- Hide quoted text -

I think so.