Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Choice of wood for cutting board

On 02/22/2010 11:32 AM, Russ Stanton wrote:
I checked on wood allergies and I believe that the cocobolo allergy was
to dust. I would think it would be OK once made into a cutting board.
Thoughts??

I think I'd still shy away from it. I'm no expert on the matter, but my thought is that
it's probably the *oils* in the dust (normally ingested by breathing) that's causing the
reactions, and I'd guess you're going to pick that up from a cutting board as well.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/