Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Default Damp problems with fitted wardrobe

Any advice on how to sort this? I have a built in wardrobe on an
external wall - the clothes in which naturally hang only a few inches
from said external wall. Despite having two large external air vents
in the wall on one side of the wardrobe, I'm suffering from damp
problems (mould on the wall, and damp wet feeling transferring from
the wall to the clothes). Obvious answer is to rebuild the wardrobe on
an internal wall which is possible but requires significant work. The
house is kept at a relative 14°C minimum when we're out and nearer
18°C when in. And windows are opened daily to reduce any moisture in
the atmosphere. Help please....! I've tried lightening the load in the
wardrobe but this has made some, although little difference. The
problem still exists.