Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Some serious DIY modelling!

"Dave" wrote in message

I don't know the F 117, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the wiki
article, but experience tends to make me think that it is as inaccurate as
the one about the Tornado F3.

But you are commenting about the F117, specifically you are telling me I am
wrong when I stated that its shape makes it unstable. I have made no
comments about the stability or otherwise of any other aircraft but I know
the F117 is unstable because of its shape.

I spent 26 years working around aircraft such as Canberra, Lightening,
Jaguar, Victor, Tornado prototypes, Tornado pre series, Tornado production
that came into development area, Tornado ADV F1's, Tornado F2's Tornado
F3's and I forget the number of the one that carried the 3 infra-red
cameras.

As far as Tornado goes, I know it from the tip of the main pitot probe, to
the rear tip of the fin. And even further aft, if it is fitted with an
anti spin chute.

Do they fit the chute to Tornados in service then?