Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Light band on laser printing

David Nebenzahl wrote in message
.com...
My trusty HP 2100M printer is now printing with a definite light band in
one spot on each page. The cartridge is old (bought new with the printer
back in 19-ought-99) but doesn't have that many pages on it (couple
thousand). Turning the cartridge to redistribute the toner doesn't fix
the problem.

Diagnosis? I'm hoping a certain regular here who lives in "Surf City"
might answer ...

- a Usenet "apology"

Get into the iron filings and redistibute along the drum, they've got too
packed in the one spot so not allowing toner to pass at that point. Requires
more than just shaking the cartridge as a filings thing rather than toner
thing