Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] dukes909@yahoo.com is offline

Default Getting a Unisaw home

Thanks - not sure what to expect at the seller's address as to whether
I can get a low sloped roll into the truck. Good tip on the
tailgate. Doesn't sound like too many are making a concern about the
motor breaking the trunnions during the return trip.

On Feb 21, 11:18*pm, Mike O. wrote:
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:08:58 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
I'm looking at a Unisaw on CL. I have a Dodge Ram pickup that can
handle the load but I have no idea how I’d get the thing into the bed
of the truck (just me & wife). The saw is not nearby and a bit of a
drive. I don’t have access to a small trailer, although I guess I
could rent a U-Haul? Recommendations?

The top comes off with 4 bolts and 4 more if you want to take the
extensions off first. *You can easily move the base (with motor)
around strapped to a good 2 wheel dolly.

Getting it into the truck can get a little tricky but if you can get
the truck on a sloped drive or even over a curb and use some ramps you
should be able to roll it in. *You might also want to pop the tailgate
off so you don't bend it or break a cable.
I will say that I've never asked my Wife to help me move one but I
have moved 3 of them always with just me and another guy.

The whole process is quite a bit easier if you can remove the motor
but it takes two people to get that motor out and if you haven't done
it before it's pretty easy to smash a finger. *Motor removal on the
later models is a little easier since they aren't quite as large as
the old bullet style motors. *

Mike O. *