Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
hwahl hwahl is offline

Default Help with a Woodfast C1000

Hello - I trasck this group and know there are many knowledgeable
turners here, so I am seek some advice.

I am on a mission in Samoa teaching young people to do woodturning
with a friend from Australia, Ernie Newman.
We sent some Jet lathes over and are doing well with them. But today
we wanted to rehab a Woodfast c1000 that has been here idle for a
bit. Rusty. The drive center and revolving center in the tailstock
were both left in and have rusted in place. We have been doing the
penetrating oil and bang at them rather firmly but they are not
moving.

Does anyone have any experience to share on this problem? I could not
find assembly drawings on the Woodfast site - so if anyone has one,
that would also be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help. I have limited access to the net,
but will appreciate all help!!

Hought Wahl