Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Getting a Unisaw home

Swingman wrote:

On 2/21/2010 3:08 PM, wrote:
I'm looking at a Unisaw on CL. I have a Dodge Ram pickup that can
handle the load but I have no idea how Id get the thing into the bed
of the truck (just me& wife). The saw is not nearby and a bit of a
drive. I dont have access to a small trailer, although I guess I
could rent a U-Haul? Recommendations?

1. Rent a pickup with a Tommy-lift gate for the day.
2. If it doesn't have a mobile base, buy, or rig one.

.... snip
You will not believe how much easier and less time consuming that is
than dis-assembly, re-assembly, followed by the long, tedious setup
process ...

What he said -- much better idea.

Rob Leatham