Posted to rec.woodworking
eclipsme[_2_] eclipsme[_2_] is offline

Default Getting a Unisaw home

On 2/21/2010 4:08 PM, wrote:
I'm looking at a Unisaw on CL. I have a Dodge Ram pickup that can
handle the load but I have no idea how I’d get the thing into the bed
of the truck (just me& wife). The saw is not nearby and a bit of a
drive. I don’t have access to a small trailer, although I guess I
could rent a U-Haul? Recommendations?

Bring some tools and start dismantling it. I don't have a unisaw, but
you could probably google it and get an exploded diagram. On my
powermatic, the table comes off easily reducing the weight considerably.
Then the motor can be removed, etc. until it becomes manageable. Putting
it all back together gives you the opportunity to clean it out well,
lube it up and get everything parallel and/or square.

Good luck, and congratulations.
Harvey